Any collection any platform ... Windows, Mac and Linux.
Please keep in mind that you can download and use the full feature version of NM Collector Software for 30 days with no purchase.
After 30 days the software converts to the free version which has fewer features. The following features are not available in the free version but none of your data is lost and the features will be restored if you chose to activate your copy:
- Picture Zoom Buttons
Where to Start?NM Collector Software is designed to be run directly off of a USB flash drive with no installation required on any computer! To use it in this manner, simply download the USB option and extract the contents directly to your own USB flash drive.
NOTE: Recently I have confirmed two cases of USB flash drive failure. I am happy to replace the flash drives but cannot replace your data. Please backup your data frequently just in case.
For various reasons, some people prefer to run NM Collector Software from their computer's hard drive. This can be achieved by copying the NM Collector Software files to their hard drive. A suggested best practice is to run the program from your hard drive and copy the entire installation to a USB flash drive for backup. This gives you the added benefit of being able to share your collection with others by running the program from any computer off of the USB flash drive!
However, not all files are required when running off of one operating system so separate Windows, Mac, and Linux downloads are offered for this reason. Also, many Windows users want to run an installation program to use software from their computers. For that reason the Windows download provides a windows installer.
So, where you start depends on how you intend to use NM Collector Software. The following table provides instructions for each option.
Step by Step Process for each OptionClick the "Get ... Option" link to follow that option and see more detailed instructions.
Please contact me if you have any problems with installation. I have successfully installed it on all Windows 32 and 64 bit systems as well as Mac and Linux so it should install on your system as well! Thanks!
USB (all Operating Systems)
- All options require at least Java 6 on your computer. Most computers come with it already installed.
- Do not install to "C:\Program Files" directory in Windows 8, Windows 7 and Vista. This program will not work if installed to that directory.
- The "Full Installation" includes the database. Do not use this if all you need is to upgrade to the latest version because it will over write your existing data.
- The "Upgrade Only" does not include the database so it will not over write your existing data. However, in order for it to see your data you must install the upgrade to the same location as the original install.
- When extracting files, if given the opportunity, please be sure to select "Use folder names"
Last Revised: December 18, 2016
Copyright © 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 by Clayton J. Pryor. All rights reserved.