|Download | Buy It Now!||Sample Screen Shots||Import Data from Old Software|
|Support | Help Desk||Collection Templates||Upgrade to Version 2.5.4|
|User Manual | Quick Start Guide||Reports|
|Please Review and Comment||License Agreement||
If you can export your data from your old program to a .csv (Excel format) file then you can import it into NM Collector Software. Please see Import Data From My Collection Explorer Software for an example of how to do it.
Since the new NM Collector Software JE (Java Edition) software uses a completely new and up to date standard for software development, deployment and maintenance environment that is independent of Microsoft proprietary products it can not directly use the data you entered in NM Gun Collector software. To preserve the time you invested documenting your firearms collection in NM Gun Collector Software we provide a means for you to import your data from the proprietary NM Gun Collector Software database to the open NM Collector Software JE (Java Edition) database. The details are covered on this page.
Data Migration Service:For those who do not want to perform the migration yourself, we offer a this service for a small fee.
Data Migration Steps:
- Download the NM Gun Collector Export program (XMLExport.exe) to your NM Gun Collector installation directory. It has to go in the directory that contains your NM Gun Collector Software database (nmgcsw.mdb). The default installation directory is [C:\Program Files\nmCollector] however, in Vista, you had to install it to a different directory to get it to work.
- Double click XMLExport.exe to run the NM Gun Collector Export program.
- Click the Export button. This will create a new [results] folder containing your exported data in your NM Gun Collector installation directory.
- Open NM Collector Software JE (Java Edition) and select File > Import > NM Gun Collector Data.
- Click the Import button.
- Navigate to the [results] folder created by the NM Gun Collector Export program (XMLExport.exe) and select it as the import source folder.
- Due to the current window size bug, you will not see the status of the import. For now please just wait until the system tells you the import is complete. this may take some time. You will see the following message when the import is complete:
- When the import is complete, shut down and restart NM Collector JE. Your NM Gun Collector data is now present.
Data Mapping:Here is the mapping of fields that will be migrated from the old NM Gun Collector software to the new NM Collector Software JE (Java Edition) software. A careful inspection will reveal slight changes and additions but all fields from NM Gun Collector are represented in NM Collector Software JE (Java Edition).
*NOTE: The table below assumes the NM Collector Software JE (Java Edition) Captions are the defaults and have not been changed.
NM Gun Collector
NM Collector Software JE (Java Edition) *
Description Tab Identification Tab Bar Code Unique ID Custom Tag No. Custom Tag Manufacturer Manufacturer Importer Importer Model Model Serial No. Serial No. Type Type Caliber Or Gauge Caliber Or Gauge C and R? Include in A&D Report? Description Tab Nationality Nationality Metal Finish Metal Finish C and R? C&R? Stock/Grip Type Stock or Grip Type Storage Location Storage Location Appraised By Appraised By Appraised Value Appraised Value Current Value Insured Value Insured Value Condition Condition Head Space Head Space Date Manufact Date Manufactured Appraisal Date Date Appraised Date Current Value Date Insured Condition Comments Condition Comments Notes Notes Pictures Tab Pictures Tab Picture Picture Date Taken Date Picture Taken Picture Notes Picture Notes Receipt Tab Receipt Tab Purchase Price Price Date Date Business Name Business Name Name License Number License Number Street1 Street1 Street2 Street2 City City State State Zip Zip Disposition Tab Disposition Tab Sales Price Price Date Date Business Name Business Name Name License Number License Number Street1 Street1 Street2 Street2 City City State State Zip Zip I. D. I. D. Alien Residency Documentation Alien Residency Documentation D. O. B. D. O. B.
Last Revised: September 24, 2009
Copyright © 2008, 2009 by Clayton J. Pryor. All rights reserved.