NM Collector Software JE (Java Edition)
With the explosion of mobile applications many people want to access NM
Collector Software on their favorite device. Each mobile device
(Blackberry, Android, iPod, iPhone, etc.) requires its own application
development computer making it difficult to design applications that will run on
each device. However, that does not mean you can not access your NM
Collector Software data from a mobile device.
Accessing your Data - General Process
To access your data from a mobile device, simply follow these steps.
- Open a report in NM Collector and save that report as a file that you
can read from your mobile device. You can save files as .pdf, .rtf,
.odt, .docx, .html. xls, .csv, and .xml.
- Upload that file to the web where you can access it from your mobile
- On your mobile device, run a mobile app that can access the file you
uploaded to the web.
Accessing your Data - Example
Here is a specific example of how I access my data on my Android device.
- On my desktop
- I open an inventory with pictures report.
- I click the save icon in the upper left hand corner and save the
report as a .docx file.
- I open Google Documents in my browser and upload the saved file.
- On my Android
- I open the Google Apps application that I downloaded from the
- I browse to my Google Documents Folder.
- I open the .docx file that I uploaded.
That gives me access to the data I need when I need it.
Last Revised: May 22, 2011
Copyright © 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 by Clayton J.