NM Collector Software JE (Java Edition)
With the explosion of mobile applications many people want to access NM
Collector Software on their favorite device. Each mobile
device (Blackberry, Android, iPod, iPhone, etc.) requires its own
application development computer making it difficult to design
applications that will run on each device. However, that does not
mean you can not access your NM Collector Software data from a mobile
Accessing your Data - General Process
To access your data from a mobile device, simply follow these
- Open a report in NM Collector and save that report as a file
that you can read from your mobile device. You can save files
as .pdf, .rtf, .odt, .docx, .html. xls, .csv, and .xml.
- Upload that file to the web where you can access it from your
- On your mobile device, run a mobile app that can access the
file you uploaded to the web.
Accessing your Data - Example
Here is a specific example of how I access my data on my Android
- On my desktop
- I open an inventory with pictures report.
- I click the save icon in the upper left hand corner and
save the report as a .docx file.
- I open Google Documents in my browser and upload the saved
- On my Android
- I open the Google Apps application that I downloaded from
the Android Market.
- I browse to my Google Documents Folder.
- I open the .docx file that I uploaded.
That gives me access to the data I need when I need it.
Last Revised: May 22, 2011
Copyright © 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 by Clayton J. Pryor.
All rights reserved.